1.11.2011

News Trading

Back in five or so years ago, I quit importing and selling surfboards and started using all my fund earned from surfboard business for trading forex, especially for News Trading or Spike Trading.

New Trading during those days was very lucrative. I had been doubling my money every month. I was using a special software called Auto-click. Auto-click gets certain figures sent from major news providers and automatically clicks buy or sell button of a trading platform. The speed of the click was lightening fast, and I could get into the market than most of human traders.

So, for example, right before one of the major news releases, such as Non-farm Payroll, UK Retail Sales, or CAD Employment Rate, was released, I used to sit in front of my PC, do certain configuration, and wait for the news release numbers are released. After some seconds, there would be a huge spike like 50 to 100 pips in a matter of seconds, mostly within a minute. When I successfully closed my position at the peak of the spike, I could easily earn a big profit in about one to five minutes or so because I was really high leveraged.

Sitting in front of my PC for about five to fifteen minutes, trading news events twice or thrice a week, was enough for me to double my money every month. For me, it was like a Holy Grail.

I thought I would be buying another house around the coast line in a couple of years. But, unfortunately, after several months, brokers started behave weirdly. Some didn't fill at all. Some slipped like crazy letting me in the trade right at the peak of the spike and it caused me a significant loss due to very fast pull-back of the spike. Some insisted that I had been doing manipulation or something, which all you know impossible to do. Some banned my account completely.

Finally, almost all brokers obviously or silently kicked me out. I tried many brokers, but only after one or two attempts, brokers noticed me and stopped me trading with them. The golden era of news trading was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment