8.27.2013

EURJPY Triggered













My EURJPY sell pending order was triggered.

I placed a sell stop pending order at 131.588 on EURJPY where the red horizontal line is drawn on the picture above, but the actual position was opened at 131.736. It seems  that there was a positive slippage about 15 pips. I've seen many negative slippages with many brokers, and I think slippages are common things, but as far as I know 15 pips POSITIVE slippage is rare.


I have no complaints at this time, of course, but this big slippage could occur in a negative direction. It's just a $100 account and I don't take it seriously, but you may want to be careful with RVD Markets.

EDIT: I have located the cause of the positive slippage. During the time the pending order was triggered, there was a news event called US Core Durable Goods Orders. Generally, such news events could be a cause of big slippage. So it was a natural slippage for an ECN broker.

So I now think RVD Markets is fairly reliable. Seeing such a big positive slippage, I believe they do no manipulation. Normally, a broker with bad manipulation would allow slippages on negative side only, but with RVD, it happened on a positive side.

No comments:

Post a Comment